Thursday, February 4, 2010

General Progress

A busy week, with a consulting engagement on one hand, and integrating new features into my desktop code going on simultaneously. On the consultation side, I'm providing review and critique services on funding proposals. The usual challenges there always flummox me. While I meticulously craft my proposals and ensure no questions are left unanswered in my own work, I continue to see people applying for big government bucks who can't be bothered to fill out their proposal to the guidelines. They leave entire sections empty never acknowledge that their might be competitors and don't understand simple concepts like "intellectual property." One applicant seemed to think that IP meant ability of their team to read and think deep thoughts.

On the app side of things, I'm in the midst of a crash-fest with multi-threaded UI control just now. I'm reasonably confident that I'll be able to wrestle this to the ground, but I'd really like to put the development to bed with something stable and roughly competent at meeting design intent so that I can turn the money-chase back on. It feels tantalizingly close, but then it has for about 8wks.

I suspect I need to peg a new date in spring sometime to make some tough decisions, for now though, the intellectual tension is somewhat rewarding and the progress is certainly nice.

Researchinator out...

No comments: