Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Is it Still Morning?

I persevered and got it done.

Then I got out.

That was a stressful period. I slaved away trying to find a balance of achieving the stuff I needed to do, hold together the organization, meet the needs of the customers.  All that happened, and a big restructuring came together with several sleepless nights.

New supplier relationships kicked in, customers continued to get what they signed up for, and apart from one or two surprises, everyone seemed to come out happy. 

The balance sheet especially. 

Given that the 'biz' was no longer losing money, I moved on to plan X - escape.  So I gave a couple of months of notice that I'd be leaving, and set about writing down how to do EVERYTHING. That was ready - as was some overlap time - as a new person was acquired, and I made an escape.

The mornings now?  A whole new ball of stressors, but in a better way.  I'm pushing on some new start-uppy potential stuff, and casting about for a new gig in a tough environment.   Meanwhile, things could be a lot worse.

No comments: