Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Exposing the Gears

Met up with my student project team this morning. They seem on track. Struggling to understand one or two concepts, but are basically getting it.

It's interesting to see this architecture through other eyes. While it all seems clear to me, I'm aware constantly that it might not seem that way to someone else, and so try to evoke that perspective where possible. Even with explaining it to someone, it's not the right level of depth until they start trying to work on elements of it from a technical implementation perspective. Then the comprehension evaluation becomes much more valid.

One might understand what their transmission does, but until you open it up an start removing gears, you're never really sure how well you understand it.

In discussing the project it always leaves me enthusiastic and pumped to see the project financed and working flat out. But I know the stats are against that ever happening. Still, I hope I can at least persevere to get it live and out in the wild on trials before I have to admit failure.

I guess that's my typical approach to life. Expect the worst, but try for the best, and hope to be proven wrong.

Researchinator totally hopes for some pleasant surprises...

No comments: