Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday Housekeeping and Firefighting

Morning starting with technical challenges remaining from the weekend. My primary email and website is down, due to my hosting company changing nameservers, and my registrar being unable to propagate my new nameservers after 3 days.

Not too impressed, I wish this was happening on a different account, but unfortunately I'm currently bouncing emails from friends and family, and unfortunately some professional contacts should they be trying to reach me.

Can only hope it's resolves shortly, but will be looking around for a new registrar soon.

I also have to think about Django hosting. I see a nice list of Django capable folk, but I'm also considering the google app engine hosting option, but will read a bit more about how hard it is to get a Django presence up. Perhaps try it with a dummy app first to see how it works.

I've also seen some details on how to get Django running on Amazon EC2, though there are some CPU time costs associated with that at earlier stages.

The morning is ticking away, and I'm still isolated... but I'm at least glad that my hosting and email are separate from my broadband service ensuring that the failures I have on any front is never wiping out everything else as well.

Researchinators mundane day is progressing slowly...

No comments: