Friday, December 11, 2009

DevLogging and Getting Value From It

Referred back to my development logs of a year ago and I can see where I was in my project back then. Whew, wouldn't want to be facing all that work again. I think I'll do another off-site backup just for safety.

But I'm thinking I'd like to get some extra value out of that work-log. A thought is to pull it into a full featured editor and run some auto-indexing on it. Haven't looked at the state of those tools lately, but I'm assuming something will use dictionary help to identify stuff that might be index worthy. Would be a good longer term developer reference for when I get the sure-to-arise questions "Why the hell did you do that!?"

It's rewarding to see that I've made so much progress. I can't help but extrapolate and wonder how much further this project has to go tho.

Researchinator relishes the coming completion of this phase...

No comments: