Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday Reflection

Spotty coverage on Summery mornings. Where was I at this point last year? I was working on the project already, and relating both an interest in archeology and analyzing the psyche of the average software developer. Well, year later, I'm still in that boat, working on bits of software, more system level issues.

But I'm squarely in the trough of my enthusiasm. Facing an economy where every day I hear another story about lack of venture funding, tough times for entrepreneurs. I realize that really the only path forward will be finding an angel with a passion for this space. And my social connections probably don't include the right people to scare up some wealthy sports folk.

I'll persevere for a little while, while starting to layer on some salary hunting work, and simultaneously trying to cut my costs somewhat. Nice that the stock markets are growing, but it's hard to take advantage of that without truncating the growth. Perhaps I'll pick up a bit of low risk stuff this week, while I have a some spare cash that is not immediately alloted to something pressing.

Researchinator faces the bumpy road ahead as seen from the perspective of a Monday morning...

No comments: