Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Diffuse Effort

Changing gears between consulting work and my venture development is a very inefficient time. As well, my shifting from leased office to the home office hasn't done me any favours, though I am progressing. The consulting stuff has very rigid deadlines, which motivates me better than a flexible, long term goal does. I really must return to my typical approach of setting some short-term goals for my days and weeks.

I've had people compliment me on my ability to be productive in a home office environment, but I'm afraid I'm still not very good at it. There are a lot of distractions, and for an unstructured project like mine, it can erode your effectiveness.

Still, I've done it successfully before, and will get back into the routine again. I need to invoice my previous work to get some cash coming in though. Oh and should check my investments to ensure I remain reasonably solvent.

I also have half a dozen other wanna-do simulation projects... but I will resist. When the urge overtakes me, I instead work on a description document for those other projects. That way I can capture the thoughts, but avoid getting into the rat-hole that is starting to render the code.

Researchinator tries to focus.

No comments: