Friday, March 14, 2008

A Cloudy Overcast Friday

The last day of March break - not that I'm on a break or it has anything to do with me. The impact though is that the traffic is very light during the break, which is a nice change.

Paper wrap up today - and I'm sure when I look at my email there will be another version from our grad stu author. I hope we can put it to bed without much more go around. I'm sure none of it matters in the long run.

My new computer still has no signs of showing up - a Lenovo of course. I hear that they are useless at delivery, even for their corporate clients. So I'm a month overdue on getting my new machine.

Not sure if anyone else on the internet has mentioned it but MSWindows sucks! Here, I'm simply using a browser to type some text into a text box on a blog site, and I can type about four words before everything freezes. The buffer at least loads up and about six or so words latter it spews in to catch up. Freezes are constantly happening. They seem to have no sense of prioritizing processes and have so many questionable background processes that they can't maintain a reasonable UI experience.

A new machine with a higher clock speed will address that somewhat, but the wrong way, through brute force more clock cycles. If they had crafted the OS properly it would work one might think.

Anyway, to a cup of tea and open Outlook to start the day. How I long for an MS free worklife. :|

No comments: