Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Just barely still Wednesday Morning

Well the morning didn't start here, but here I am. Started early today with a business community breakfast on Japan biz. Mildly interesting, and surprisingly relevant to my perspective, on the technologies that are big now.

Downtown around the congress centre is a mess - they have knocked down the parking garage I was headed for, and then getting out of the resulting garage into the building was a major challenge.

Drove to work afterward through a blinding rain and snow storm which gave way to sunshine as I approached the office, and I'm now parked in Hell's half acre Lot 1. Not sure where that term comes from HHA - probably a farming reference I picked up from my mom. Hmm - I think I'll google that to see if it's in common usage... Well 75k hits, but there are a couple of books and a band with that title, so it must be known somewhat.

Anyway, back onto my constant communications and positioning work. I direct a research group - but you'd never know it given my budgetless year, my resourceless team, and my constant fight for survival. What a crazy way to invest in the future.

No comments: