Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Long Weekend Receeds in Rear View Mirror

Another one of the cold, clear blue sky mornings. I did the mental math this morning sitting in my chair for the first time in 4 days. Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar - man 5 months of winter hell. What a long season this is - I suspect the numbers of people relocating south will rise this year.

Oh well, on the bright side, I have a new box of tea to start. Actually it's only a Twinings English Breakfast. It's loose leaf, but hardly a quality package. Looking inside it's pretty much dust like they put into tea bags, so not a big benefit there. It's more the benefit of being able to gauge the amount I want to use that is a benefit.

Okay - I did peek at my email before starting my post for the day. "Old habits..." and all that. I wasn't sure if I had a dial up sr managers meeting, or not this morning - and I don't, though I've got an 11:00 client strategy dial in. There's probably a bunch of other stuff I should do if I were to let my mind go there just now, so I won't.

I've got a zip.ca envelope staring at me. We rented "Knocked Up" from them, and I need to return it. Verdict? Okay, I got it, him and his friends are crude jerks, and she's very different. I liked that the movie went a few places that were unpredictable (in the questions, asked, not the plot). It could have been a much better movie. So a bit disappointed that way. Not sure why some critics hailed it as a great movie.

The long weekend was nicely relaxing. I feel like I wasted it as I never got ANY exercise the whole time - it was all relaxing, eating and such. I feel like I didn't do much of anything, but I did build a bit of cat furniture, and bake bread, and pain au chocolat (and associated demipuff-pastry). I also got rid of some excess stuff at recycling places. So not a total loss.

I'm trying to get away from ending my posts with "Oh well" or "Anyways." Blogging is conversational, but that's too lazy and cliché. Thus I'll end it here, sans casual send-off.

No comments: