Monday, April 28, 2008

Chicago - Indeed Windy

The miniVacation worked out well. Minor annoyances here and there, but a couple of days in the Windy City are complete. Got a haircut back to super-short while there, which is a good thing to do when winds are blowing strongly. No fuss, no muss. What is a muss anyway?

But, even with some rain late in day 2, we missed most of it. Saw some art, hunted endlessly for food, and enjoyed the architecture. Hint - downtown Chicago, in the loop - there are no restaurants among the huge office towers. Office workers don't eat. Sure there are chain places galore, but that's hardly eating. And almost no pubs! Can you believe that. Only found one little one in the basement of a place. Go figure. Up in Lincoln Park and Old Town though, there are many good options that aren't chains. I don't now how people eat in those plastic coated, processed food places all the time.

Anyway, I'm back and I see flashing lights and warnings all over the place. I'm sure I have a thousand emails (actually,just peeked - 131). So I'd better jump in. More deep thoughts tomorrow.

-Researchinator holding things together.

No comments: