Thursday, April 17, 2008

Pond Day

I guess this is officially pond day - waking up this morning I could see the pond finally,as that big heat-sink of ice finally succumbed to the warmth overnight to allow the snow on top to melt. A warm lead into the weekend, so we should hopefully see it melt too, and I can then do the big cleanout job and get the fish out into it. Not sure if they will all survive, but at least they will be free of the basement.

I went to a lecture last night on open source software. Not particularly interesting as the speaker seemed to basically sum up the obvious. Not a lot of original content in the presentation. Basically said here's where it is just now. No kidding. He even seemed to be uncertain of some of the big name open-source driven applications out in web land. The audience seemed to enjoy the chatty session - actually the one's who saw themselves as gurus (almost without exception irrelevant folk). It becomes more about performance than constructive participation.

Virtual Friday today for me - tomorrow we will drive off for a weekend with some friends and family in Montreal, Canada. Should be nice - it's an oft-visited destination for us, and the weather is STILL looking spectacular. (Checking again... yes, still looks good).

So, emails await, but a lingering migraine from yesterday doesn't do me any favours. Yesterday was pretty good, the night before's headache left me for the day, and then came back in early evening. Hopefully it will again give me a break for the day.

No comments: