Thursday, April 10, 2008

Honey on Toast with my Tea

Ah, the luxury of working at home. I have a mid morning meeting which means going in to the office in the opposite direction is hardly appropriate. Hence, I'm working from home this morning. I occasionally grab a quick standing bowl of cereal, and even less often I make a cup of tea to bring in the car with me (particularly if there is reason to believe the drive in will be slow -e.g. bad weather).

But to sit at home and enjoy a leisurely cup of tea while getting onto my morning email is a nice luxury. And on to my morning blogging too I guess.

I've been hoping there were other blogs around from people working in the various corners of science and engineering. While I managed to find several, they all seemed to be a couple of years idle. I'll have to do a bit more searching. Hey - if you are one such blogger - pls do post a comment with your coordinates. I'd enjoy reading about other experiences.

Lots of blogs about workplaces seem to be venting vehicles - that is, rather negative. Hopefully I go beyond the little snipes at coworkers etc., and I'll endeavor to explore other issues of the research workplace.

Today is a University visit, to chat with a research partner there. Doing collaborative research is sometimes positive, sometimes not. I've some work that moves like molasses, mostly due to earlier under-management on our end. But also due to some lack-luster students and loose direction from prof/partners.

My project in question this morning is going pretty good though. It's a small one, but it is already providing more info than some of my employees deliver in a year.

Well, more tea perhaps.

No comments: