Monday, April 27, 2009

Limping Along

Well into the office while the cold persists, but it seems last night we got a leg up on it finally. Bit of a cough and sniffle still, but I can at least think through the fuzzies now. I thought I was going to get into yet another day with the cold pounding on me. My expectations were low, so I'm pleasantly surprised to be reasonably functional. Not Susan Boyle surprised, just moderately positive.

Had to delay my new collaborator's arrival by a day, as I wasn't sure last night if I could hack it today. Just as well, I'm sure I'm not up to par today still.

But trying to get the day started reasonably well. While the 'swine flu' grips newspeople in a feeding frenzy, and the stock markets will likely take a beating today, it could be worse. So I'd best get onto task and see if I can succeed in spite of the low energy start to the day. I think I'll take a Mexico-style siesta this afternoon, and enjoy the hot weather that's come in out of nowhere. Not going to help my start-up productivity, but maybe will make me functional for my call tomorrow.

Researchinator thinks things could be better...

No comments: