Friday, July 3, 2009

Friday Progress

Second Friday this week - or so it seems, with a mid-week holiday on July 1. I had some good success yesterday with my app. I've been adding a second function, one of dozens that should eventually be added, and just got to the point where the app's side of the process seems to work. The other side is a client side piece that works over the net. I'll have to start looking at that next. Should be reasonably fast.

Oh yeah, there's another piece on the app. It's a readback function that needs to render the same results as the client experience. I've got to make that work too. The good thing is that they use roughly the same algorithm. Well, AJAX/javascript on the client has a different real-time experience than the pseudo multi-threaded python experience on the app side, but the decisions are roughly analogous.

Meanwhile a rainy day, and wet feet, and I have a visitor to HQ later this morning. Potential collaboration if we can find a mutually positive engagement approach. I'm concerned about losing focus on the first piece of this. But we'll see how that comes about.

Beginning to see the end of the tunnel in terms of the HQ office. Either I'll give it up in September to save money, or give it up because I have money. Odds are it will be the former, but we'll see.

Researchinator is wrapping up the week.

No comments: