Friday, December 5, 2008

Hand Candy

Oh the world of distractions I've opened up for myself. I am currently syncing an iPod touch. Candy for the eyes, ears and with that sleek package, for the hand too.

It's an impressive package, and implementation is quite good. I'm a bit disappointed that the syncing process is poorly handled, in that there's just a flickering hashed-progress bar, rather than an actually functioning progress bar. I always held out apple as the company that understood progress bars, but this seems to be an exception. Sure there are a few gigs of data move, but really, couldn't the progress bar reflect some sort of, well, progress?

Apparently not.

Oh - spoke too soon, it seems to have figured it out after 10minutes and is now showing progress allong with how many songs are being loaded.

But alas, a new issue - oops, that one is being addressed too. I was going to say it's on "copying 15 out of 250:" while I know I have upwards of 900 songs. But nicely, it is copying before it knows how many songs there are to copy.

That's a good thing. This purchase is rather venture related, so I'll have to write it off, so I don't feel too back about doing this when I should be coding my system software. Plus it's got over 800 songs to copy still, so I think it will be a while.

Meanwhile, I think I'd best try to clean up my code before the end of the day. I hate to leave something half-coded.

No comments: