Wednesday, June 10, 2009

First Tendrils of Contact and Feedback

Making application progress while simultaneously pinging a few people in the investment community. Most conversations result in learning something about other people's take on what I have so far. These are super useful. Sometimes a point I make is missed, so I can beef it up. Sometimes they assume something - they always assume something - and I can set them straight.

Funny, I describe a market and a problem and a solution and mention a patent-pending product I have to address it, and their assumption is that I don't have anything done yet. I guess I have to repeat myself a few times, and say things in a few different ways so it really hits home.

Anyway, such communications challenges are useful feedback. I think of my first 50 investment contacts as prep work for 51 which will buy into the business.

I'm probably up to about 4 so far. If I can move off the development track at some point with a reasonably stable prototype 2, then I can start adding 10 of those a week or something.

Researchinator turns back to that pesky grindstone, nose first...

No comments: