Friday, July 4, 2008

Jumping into the Day

Getting my day started (post emails I might add) and dealing with some frustration in a collaborative project that seems to have difficulty dying. In spite of my clear indication that I'm out of here and the project is off, I get a request for clarification on our terms of collaboration. Go figure. Someone is in denial.

Anyway, I hope to pass that off fully to someone else who also seems to be ignoring most of the communications. Have I mentioned how dysfunctional the modern office environment has become? It's interesting, with about 5 years between my terms inside big companies, the modus operandi has totally changed. Telephones are archaic, rarely used items. Ignoring communications has become a common behaviour, as teams become more distributed. Nobody can walk up to your desk, so you can hide more effectively.

Perhaps it's just the culture in international oceanographic research and development corporations such as this one. But it's not very conducive to an effective environment. I'll be glad to leave this behind... if indeed I do.

Anyway, Researchinator has some more interesting stuff to do, so back at 'em.

No comments: