Thursday, July 10, 2008

Pending Vacation

A Thursday and these next two days are going to go fast. London is starting to seem real now, will get my day started there on Sunday. We'll pick up a car and drive south of London.

One day I'm by myself, and will be staying just on the edge of Hyde park. Hope the hotel isn't too lousy. Must remember to bring ear plugs.

A challenge that comes to mind is that I'll be away from my research project for a week, and I'm in the thick of it just now. Hope I'll be able to pick up where I left off effectively. Maybe I should bring my work laptop rather than my personal one. Hmmm. I could certainly fill my hours easy that way. But research of another sort is on my agenda for the trip. Off to the archives for some digging, plus some driving around my old family stomping grounds from a couple of centuries ago as well.

Today though, I'm looking forward to advancing my project. I had a brief giddy moment of success yesterday when I had the first view of one tiny functional element of my eventual goal. Lots to do to realize the whole picture though still. Hope I can advance that today. And so forward.

Researchinator contemplates a bowl of instant porridge to start his morning and quell his growly stomach.

No comments: