Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Muggy weather these days, but still nice to get outside after hours in the air conditioned refrigerators of our offices. I think an office area that is down a notch and encourages shorts and light shirts would be nice. Here, I couldn't wear shorts and a golf shirt without shivering all day, so instead I sweat on the way home. Well, until I get my car's A/C wailing.

Southern climes deal with this all the time I guess. On various biz trips etc it's a brief walk through the oppressive heat from one a/c'd place to the next. A major energy issue during the summer would have people dropping in the streets there. I suppose that's what happened in Europe a few years ago.

Speaking of which, I'm off to the UK shortly for a bit of a getaway while the SO tends to biz over there. A rental car, and some genealogy to pursue should be fun.

Meanwhile, here in the centre of the Oceanographic research corporation, things tick along. I have some items to pursue and any time I think of them, my heart sinks briefly. It seems such an imposition to do real corporate related stuff! It's taking me away from my exploratory work. How can I be expected to get another company started with these distractions! Ha.

Made a bit of progress lately, but would like to have a full client-side demo running before the first week of August. I guess that's only about 5 more days. Oops, looking at the calendar, I see that I made an error in my holiday date warning in a recent email. Best go correct that.

Researchinator departs...

No comments: