Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Morning Commute With Shocking Twist

Driving into work I was shocked and amazed to see my engine warning light come on. My 2000 Accord has not been the best performing Honda I've had - and it is my forth. It seems to consume oil since about 100k km, and it's had lots of little things annoy me over the years. I think I'll switch over to Toyota for my next vehicle. I picked up a quart at the next gas station and continued on to work.

But I pulled over anyway and saw that my oil was very low, so I'm assuming that 'threw a code' to my computer and resulted in the engine light. I'll reset the computer tonight with a power cycle and see if it comes back. At lunch time today I was going to buy some more oil but noticed I was due for a change anyway, so went for that, and got a flush out as well, as running low no doubt concentrated the sludge for me nicely.

I also managed to find a barbershop just when I needed one and got a trim from an old Italian guy. Seemed like a good authentic barbershop experience and at $15 it's a good deal, considering the crappy 'First Choice' place does about a 90second job for me and collects about the same amount. I think I'll be seeing this guy again for a while. A hair cutting peeve for me though is that nobody cleans up between trims these days. Do I really have to sit in a chair covered with everyone else's trimmings? How do I know how healthy or contagious that previous customer was?

In the office I continue to work on archiving research work. It's a bit silly, as I'm sure nobody will ever look at this stuff. But there is some satisfaction in pulling it all together into a single place.

It's quiet again today, and I've still not got back into my sideline project. The longer I wait the harder it will be. I'd best buckle down and give it a shot, to immerse myself before I get too far away from it.

Researchinator fights off early afternoon drowsies

No comments: