Thursday, July 3, 2008

Post Canada Day

A conversation yesterday with Americans about Canada day - basically it boils down to "our fourth is on the first." Yes, it is in fact a different country. So we've finished our celebratory Dominion Day, which was a pretty good name I think, in retrospect. I suppose though, it gets celebrated by Canadians around the world, and telling people in UK that you're celebrating Dominion Day wouldn't be as self explanatory as saying "Canada Day."

Anyway, enough on that. A migraine morning for me, which isn't too pleasant, but eager to dive back into my stuff. Enjoying the quiet week here, with fewer attendees in the office than normal. Had some real work required yesterday in managing relationships with our university collaboration partners, and now I can get back to my own project.

My tea supply was dwindling lately, so I bought more, but it has taken me almost a week to get it out of my car. It's amazing what creatures of habit we are. Each morning grabbing my usual bag from the car and going in to the building, and never remembering to reach behind the seat and extract the bag of tea and kleenex there. When I get in and make my first cup of tea I think "Drat, I've got some more good stuff in the car," and briefly contemplate the long walk back out to get it.

Finally I remembered to put it on the front seat when returning home yesterday, and hence it was there calling me this morning. Hence, I sip Earl Grey while I type this morning.

Well lots to do today. My goal today is to figure out how to xml format data moving between my browser and server. Let's see how that goes...

Researchinator out...

No comments: