Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Morning Passes With Lightening Speed!

Morning slowly merges into lunch time, and I'm not feeling like I got much done. My side project is a software one, and productivity is so fleeting with new software. Some days you can write dozens of lines of code and get a bunch of features in place. Others you can spend the whole day trying to figure out why a window won't resize. Today seems like the latter.

Yesterday, I figured I'd get some chores done in the afternoon, and was rather successful. My passport was due to expire soon, and so I set out to do that. I also remembered an engine light on in my car, and so dropped it off for some diagnosis. Both things went well, got my diagnosis (evaporator leak -ie equiv of loose gascap... more likely a rust hole emerging somewhere, or dying sensor). The passport was lightening fast - less than a 5min visit. A far cry from the huge rush they had in the past for Cdn passports.

So back home in good time, I was able to finish a cake project I started on the weekend, and satisfied a chocolate cake urge I had been fighting for weeks. My briefcase contains another fix, so I'll be saving that for the mid-afternoon fade period.

I did divert a bit from my project this morning to push on some real 'oceanographic research' work. Some patent stuff needed progress, as did some tax credit stuff. So that's pushed along. I even put in plug for my future consulting services to another consultant, just in case I find myself putting that shingle back up in the coming months.

Then back to my project and the frustration of trying to find a hidden feature of UI window management. Such is the fun of my day so far. But the week looks wide open so far, and so I'll push forward and hope to show some progress.

No comments: