Monday, August 25, 2008

Zooey Morning

Up at 2:00 and 4:00 and 7:00 today, so not 100% coherent I don't think. But the morning is in front of me and I had some good brainwaves on the weekend for my side project, which I can start to pursue. At 2:00 I needed to open some windows - a Sunday of canning tomatoes left a lot of residual heat in the house that collects upstairs when the AC goes off for the night. Windows open, the cool air coming in by then I was back to sleep, but at 4:00 my SO needed to get up to catch a plane to Washington. So awake again - the bonus though is listening to CBC overnight service - radio from around the world. Quite enjoyable. Then finally back to sleep after her departure and then it's up for work finally at 7:00... well I stretched it to 7:35-ish. I'm skeptical that that lay around awake thing really does anything more for your 'restedness' but it seems good at the time. Should probably just get up and go once you're awake, I suspect.

But on with my work. I'm also approaching "The Big Read" - that portion of a project where you know you'll need to go off and do a bunch of reading. Probably sometime this week.

In actuality, I've already been reading a bit around the periphery of this subject matter - some specific software engineering techniques. But I'll need to do a much more serious dig into it soon. Best to do it while I'm with my big oceanographic research company, where they have access to the journals etc that will be useful.

My morning tea is a bit disappointing. Probably not hot enough water. Ugh.

Researchinator takes another sip anyway...

No comments: