Friday, August 22, 2008

Wrapping up the Week With a Peach

It's a peachy morning. Literally - I'm eating a peach for desk-breakfast. Otherwise it's a pretty normal morning. I wonder, in common usage, if the word peach isn't more often used in non-literal usage, either as a simile or a figurative phrase. I guess the combo of the lusciousness and the fuzziness make it 'ripe' for the job. (Ha!)

I had a good day yesterday on a few fronts. I went for lunch with a bunch of colleagues as I wrapped up the collaborative patenting action. Two new oceanographic patents have their paperwork all done, and into the patent group to wrap up. Plus I splurged for a nice lunch for everyone on the company's ticket, so I don't feel so bad getting them to sign over their patents. Plus these folks get their names on patents which is great for their collective resumes in the world of oceanographic research.

In the afternoon, rather than drive back to the office, I set up at home and put the effort into doing some more coding on my exploratory project. It was nice to use my quality apple keyboard - the slim one is such a luxury compared to this clunky Dell one I'm typing this on glgzqieygsh <-- see how hard it is to type! whew! Plus my big monitor - not that my work monitor (also a Dell) is bad. it's a good 19" flat monitor I stare at now, but I like my Samsung widescreen for coding. Side by side screens work out quite well. I think this Dell has better contrast or gamma or something.

I made good progress though, and filled in more UI on the app side of my project. Still another chunk of UI stuff to do. I'm dying to get past the initial coding and into a) the video processing part of my work and b) the business development side. Particularly the latter is in dire need of attention. But given that it is friday, and I've accomplished my main reason (the documents) for being in the corporate nexus, I might just shift to the home office shortly.

No comments: