Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Timing is Everything

Okay so I'm not real good with the morning thing. But my routine is holding together. One more day till the SO returns and some structure from someone other than myself returns. But I've worked a solid day not on infrastructure and setup, but rather on the project itself. Having some success, but it's all on minor stuff just now.

I've had many visits from Cat number 1. She's been up on my desk 4 times, and just returned for a fifth now. She's spread out on my notebook, so there will be no notes for a while.

Got out at lunch time for a bite. Rather than walk somewhere and lose an hour or so, I decided to ride my bike. My destination was a small mall 2.3km away, in the direction opposite from where I went for carribean food last week. It only took about 35min total, but the food selection at this place has really dropped off. Had a shawarma, which I could easily have had with a 10min walk up the street in the other direction.

Oh well, I'll stay away from that food court. I imagined a stir-fry thing a la japponaise. But it was not to be. This is a good enhancement to the work environment - alternate days out for lunch. It's more economical than an office caffeteria, and better variety too.

I need to rework my schedule sometime soon - but I'm still hoping to get through a full proof-of-concept first path in the coming days - maybe early next week. Then a flurry of documentation, some biz plan work and plan the next, bigger project steps.

A big distraction is the constant melt down of the financial markets. I've lost a good third of my investment portfolio. What a joyful way to spend your first weeks on your own without an income! Seems to me this happened last time I did this as well - anyone remember 9/11?

Researchinator seeks to make use of the last hour remaining in the day.

No comments: