Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Barriers are Thick

Okay I think I'm officially in a rut. Well, I did pose a key question on a programming site and get some helpful responses about the path forward,potentially. But the weight of things on my shoulders has slowed me down a bit. Every day seems to have something hanging over it that deflates my ability to pack in some solid hours of programming and get to a conclusion of this phase of my work.

This morning I needed to make some bread, so that's in place. Plus I've got thinking to do about office space and some collaboration that initially looked like an out-of-the-blue freebie, and now looks like it might need cash from my side. On the one hand, it's a resource for pretty cheap, on the other, it's cash, and I really need to control my burn rate.

So what do I do? I think I should put them off, and suggest perhaps a later engagement. It represents perhaps 30% of the capital I want to cap my contribution at. Given office space and patent costs, that might be too much, in fact probably blows it all right there.

I'm always thinking about worst case scenarios, as those so often seem to be the end of the spectrum that one needs to deal with given Murphy's law. That would be no path to funding, and I need to find work, and so I continue to push along this concept in my spare time for a while. That's not so bad I suppose. I sink a lump of cash into it, and it's gone. I'll just pretend I put it into Nortel Stock, or Madoff's ponzi scheme and it will be the same thing, except that I got some learning value out of it.

So with that, my dough is rising and I've got about 25min before I need to spend 15min making loaves. So lets see if I can set things up to be reasonably productive today.

Researchinator sucks it up and deals with it...

No comments: