Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Next Steps and the Stuff That Beckons

Yesterday I managed to get my app to load several fields from files that were created by the app, and pre-populate the corresponding fields in the GUI. It's tedious work, but nice to see that working.

Today I need to move further into the combination mode work. Things from a previous file combined with things newly created, all dumped into a new file. There's timing and synchronization stuff to do which is also tedious. It's also very human factory. Gotta make sure it's usable. Sure we'll be doing a massive rewrite no doubt, but the closer I can get this stuff to something usable the better.

Meanwhile biz side stuff continues to weight heavily. People, my boy, people. They're your biggest strength and the biggest hill to climb. Do you go with the devils you know or the devils you don't? I certainly don't want to load up on some of the people I like, but know would be terrible in a biz situation. Plus so many of my friends have obligations (and a lack of risk taking) that would preclude them from jumping into something risky.

Then there's the battle where they expect to have a prominent ownership chunk even though the didn't come up with the idea or sacrifice a year of income to get the thing started. So finding reasonable people who can contribute and won't be a burden. Those are the challenges.

Researchinator considers the convoluted interleaving of stuff to be started to do today....

No comments: