Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fighting the Distracto-Matic on my Shoulders

Mid afternoon, and it's been a productive day for once. Many times I've gotten up during the day after a small bit of progress and paced around, usually refilling my tea-cup, and then persevered in spite of my brains tendency to want to run away from these tasks at hand. But persevere I have, and I seem to have crested that wall.

I can see the world on the other side (hmmm, looks like more walls over there - lol). But it's nice to have achieved this stage. Tomorrow will be a massive clean-up and document and back-up day.

This task was one of dealing with large amounts of interleaved data, which ended up not interleaved in a logical order. The remedy was reverting to a dynamic object which I could sort before dumping out to storage. The process was made much more easy with Python than it would have otherwise been.

For now, I have some other businessy chores to do, including writing a first substantial cheque for some office space. But, I will backup some stuff first.

Researchinator catching breath, can't quite believe I'm thru this task finally.

No comments: