Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Looking Forward to Future Past

Installed myself in the new environment, and working away. As bad as the afternoon sparring sounds in my new office, next door to the martial arts place, I can only imagine that the restaurants below must have a hellish time getting anyone to spend time there! I'll have to bring in my headphones to get a bit of isolation. I wonder if they'll do anything for the low frequency stuff though, it's pretty much sub-audible I suspect, and I get as much through my chair as I do through the ears.

Anyway, I think I'm mostly functional. Even started up Eclipse and started doing some debugging. At least I didn't lose the whole week. Still a few things to do, but I could conceivably have two or three people here effectively.

I'll find some sort of schedule that will work here I suppose, and maybe it involves reduced hours with some more productive afternoon time at home, when I don't have some sort of meetings. But perhaps I need to keep my eyes open for another office in the coming 3 to 5 months. For the $200-$300 it would cost for the move, it might be worth it.

The great thing is that it will make for great stories in the distant future of the successful business. "Remember when our desks would shake during afternoon karate hour?"

Researchinator remembers the future old days...

No comments: