Friday, February 27, 2009

Milestone Progress Leads to Documentary Chores

My various digital logs in various development areas on my machine are an effective way of capturing the progress. I've even put together a quick little Python routine to extract any use of the words "BUG" and "TODO" from those logs as a way of keeping up on things I need to fix. Not that I've done anything about those things but TODO: actually address some of the todo's and bugs.

Well, bugs have a natural way of prioritizing themselves. If they are onerous enough they get fixed. If they stand in the way of a coherent demonstration of the technology, they get fixed. If they are background things that I can easily avoid, they tend to sit and wait for my development team :)

I'm missing an overall log though. I guess my logbook at the home office was fulfilling that role, but now I keep leaving it there. I'm contemplating blogger as a means to capture that stuff. It would be senseless to anyone else, so wouldn't be public, but at least it would be quickly accessible everywhere. The other option is a Goog docs thing, but getting in and out of that is a bit more onerous, the interface is a bit more heavy, and format is less important in a log than it is in a word-processor-type of document.

Anyway, I've made my milestone of getting an end-to-end demo to work. It's not pretty, but at least I can move on to some other stuff, like documentation updates! Oh Joy.

Researchinator dons bathing attire and joins the typing pool...

No comments: