Friday, May 30, 2008

Hard to Avoid Jumping In

My theory with this blog was to always start the day with some thoughtful ranting/pondering elaboration on some idea or peeve. However, it's tough to stop myself from just jumping into the days email flurry. :(

Today a long awaited message allowed me to publicly communicate details of the demise of my oceanographic research team, and as such I had a flurry of emails I have eagerly been waiting to send, so I did that.

It's a closing of one door, and opening of another I guess. I just seem to be in the hallway here for a bit. I see more and more empty desks as those around me have closed up shop and headed home, or onto their next project.

I suspect I will also start to spend less time here as the next 8 weeks transpires. But I do like the routine, and the opportunity to explore some stuff I don't normally get to do. I'm doing a bit of free-form, self directed research on, say, aquatic snakes. So I'm learning about pythons :) Okay, the aquatic bit is weak, but I need to tie it into the whole oceanographic metaphor, so get off my case.

Anyway, now that my messages have gone out, I need to do follow-up interpersonal messages with less formality to chase them down, so I'd best get onto those, and then start dealing with the responses.

No comments: