Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mid-week, Taking Stock.

Today is supposed to end on a cloudy note, turning into rain, but it's starting nice and clear and sunny with a warm summery high predicted. My daily walk is going pretty well. I'm trying to do 2 a day, but it's not always possible. I'm actually rather busy in spite of our pending demise.

We have several months before I need to worry about that, but I'm also trying to strike while the iron is hot. My oceanographic research team is similarly looking about and hoping to find something that preserves their professional interests. The pickings are a little thin, unfortunately.

I've put lots of feelers out, but have yet to connect on something promising. It's certainly easier to find something from a position of strength (ie employment) but its still tough.

Professionally I'm wrapping up a bunch of patent related activity, both initiated by me and also by some collaborators from outside the company. I hope these things can get cleaned up fast and leave me some time for more exploratory stuff. It's hard to say what the summer holds for me.

Stockmarket-wise, things have been gaining strength, which bodes well. But one does not typically get laid off during a booming stock market, so I wonder about the coming months. I'm feeling like I should 'take profits' on the oil front as I'm thinking OPEC isn't stupid enough to totally destroy their market by forcing all their customers into hybrids. Anyway, something to think about. And so, on with my day.

No comments: