Monday, May 12, 2008

PondScum

Accidentally looked at my email and once again I seem I'm being put off from talking to my collaboration partners about the end of my oceanographic research project. I feel very guilty to have to drag my feet on this, as they need to know sooner rather than later. But the decisions has implications (which we warned about) and they are scrambling to figure it out.

Meanwhile I also have an chat coming up with a guy who runs another project to see if I might take a role there - as a product manager for sub-sea ocean soil aggregates. It seems like the worlds most boring subject matter. I mean it's about things which go under the ground at the bottom of the ocean that nobody ever sees. And the technology may well be obsolete, as a competitor is making, let's say an sub-sea ocean soil aggregate that competes with ours, and they have a better evolution path for existing customers - or at least it seems that way to me, who doesn't know the subject much other than from what I read in the technical oceanographic press.

So how am I going to appear enthusiastic about this - particularly when it's probably another more junior role with year(s) before opportunity for advancement. Ugh.

I would be happy if there was an opportunity to jump to another oceanographic company in the neighbourhood, but I don't see many chances for that yet. I think I need to take another spin through my resume.

Oh yeah - worked on the pond over the weekend and sucked the scum out of the bottom and washed down the stones and liner and rebuilt the edges with some sand to minimize the risk of water loss. Somehow that work seemed to have a lot to do with the office.

-Researchinator complains - "I'm sore today"

No comments: