Friday, September 26, 2008

Back from Hiatus

A brief hiatus comes to a close. What an awesome couple of days it was too. Rather than worry about research goals, threw a canoe on my car and was off the the Canadian wilderness for some solo canoe camping.

It was everything that it should be. Being autumn and midweek, it was very quiet, with the whole 5km lake paddle to myself. It was pristine and perfect. I did forget my camera at home, but as usual the world is well documented by others already, so what the heck. Here are some pictures from flickr - not sure if blogger will support showing these - but if not, just click on the resulting graphical detritus:

Misty Big Salmon Lake

Big Salmon Lake

Big Salmon Lake Weeds

Doc Photo


The photos are a credit to their respective photographers. :)

Back in the saddle on a Friday, I'm hoping to clean up some underlying plumbing. I want to dump my ISP and get a new one, and in preparation, I have to move lots of email addresses in various locations, to a final, lifelong location. This will no doubt blow lots of my time, but it's a necessary evil.

Also, I have an old website for my previous consulting business. I need to update that to something suitably shell like, and use it as a thin means to connect should I wish to do some consulting for cash along the way.

Lots of housekeeping to do before I can move onto my real work. Ugh - I need some staff!

Researchinator picks up a broom and gets down to it.

No comments: