Monday, September 8, 2008

Taking Scary Steps Forward...

Starting to think about the tough stuff, as I'm distracted from my coding time by the impending departure from the big 'oceanographic research' firm that has been home for a couple of years. The tough steps are getting other people involved (ie building a team) and looking for funding. The latter sucks, as everyone immediately puts themselves in the place of mentor, regardless of their experience. The talking in platitudes, and telling you obvious stuff is that hardest to take. Someone who has never held down a real job, will sit there and explain the 'importance of market research' or 'revenue' to me. Puhleese.

Oh well - it's a necessary evil if I want to avoid mortgaging my house for a risky venture. Meanwhile, I've nailed down a name, and need to buy the URL and incorporate. Best jump into this thing full bore or I'll not be committed enough to make a go of it.

And I've still got to round up some reasonable collaborators and advance the coding side of things!

Researchinator wonders if he should just look for a job!

No comments: