Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What is in a Name... and is it Available?

Well I should get used to this - I'm in the home office and trying to get stuff done on my project. I've been thinking about company names and not having really good luck. I've got a short list of perhaps 20, but I'm not sure which one to go with. My original working name is a bit too long and perhaps not clear. I'd like something that's vague enough to not paint us into a corner on product direction, weird enough to be unique on google, and specific enough to make sense with what our initial core offering is.

Then on top of that, finding an available URL is a challenge as well.

Searching URL availabililty is a bit of a hassle, but I came across a great site, with a live typing box (no doubt using a back-end xmlhttprequest) to give you live feedback as you type. So you can check dozens of names in a very short time. It's located here: instantdomainsearch.com There, my first plug for someone else's venture.

So working from home so that I could get ready (done) for a visitor who will take my kitchen cab's away from me for a few bucks. Finally, the garage will be cleaned up a bit, and I can do some other stuff that requires that space.

Anyway, I've not been too productive today so far, but am comfortably positioned in the home office. And, it's time for lunch.

Researchinator ponders what's edible in the house.

No comments: