Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Theme Songs Embellish Daily Life

Just noticing that I provide theme music between scenes in my life. I finish a task, and turn to the kettle behind me to make some tea, and a short jingle emits from my whistling lips.

Thinking about the tune, I'm not sure what it is. My life-guiding theory is that all behaviours come from prototype events in your first 5-10 years, so I suspect that these happy little 4 second tunes I use for such transitions are from Gilligan's Island, or Partridge family or something.

Ah, how we are defined by the popular media of our childhood.

The day's a wasting, but I've been pretty productive. The little tasks on my project today have advanced me surprisingly close to a demonstrable proof-of-concept path. I have crafted a tool that allows me to create some stuff that gets handled by a server to deliver to people over the internet. There, that's vague enough I think. Well, the stuff I create is taking shape pretty well. A big chunk of it was created with a few lines of code today, which kind of surprised me. Ah the beauty of Python. I'm working a bit without a schedule: well, I have a high level one here, but it's pretty loose. It's nice to work with such constraints... but achieving one's goals is then driven primarily by your enthusiasm. There's a lot of that in the early days of a project. But I'm a good one for losing interest along the way... so I need to ensure there's a bit of structure in place.

Well, back to work.
Researchinator: "Doo be do, do, do, do, dum dum, dum dum" (transistion music)

No comments: