Friday, September 19, 2008

Free at Last, Free at last

The tyranny of freedom. The structure is imposed by myself - but I've been through this before so know what to expect. And there is now shortage of stuff to do. Keeping a balance of home-related chores and start-up focussed activities is the tough part. The weather is changing, and last night was a cold night. I've been thinking I should get the furnace ready - just a quick vacuuming, clean the filter and keep a close watch over the first ignition, check the flame colour etc.

So I did that as my first, and very symbolic, chore this morning. Some warmth spread through the house and symbolize the stoking of the flames under my ass to get going.

Here I am now at a restaurant enjoying a leisurely breakfast, and catching up on the first 'each morning' blog of the latest phase of my life. I have lunch today with an old friend and former colleague. I had some conversations yesterday with a very experienced start-up guy who put together a successful company (before being pushed out at some point), and a patent lawyer for my old firm, with some ideas about where to get some cheap patent work done.

A chat with another old friend a couple of nights ago might lead to some space where I can put down some daily roots.

Then, on the other side of the 'life balance' I'm going to enjoy myself too. I need to get a bit of paraphernalia for my canoe, and perhaps even take it out for a brief paddle today to test it out, and again perhaps tomorrow with my SO.

So the first day unfolds (hmmm, why is unfolding good, but unravelling bad?).

Researchinator explores folding and ravelling options.

No comments: