Thursday, September 18, 2008

A final day at the bastion of oceanographic research. The desk is clear. I have a couple of folders worth of stuff to take home, but mostly it's all cleaned up. A bit of final use of my computer before sacrificing it to the asset redistribution gods.

As I free myself from these shackles I will impose new ones of course. More financial than hierarchically obligatory; more self-imposed than imposed through the structure of an organization. Sending notes to various colleagues is kind of fun. Being careful not to burn any bridges, though I can't help but think about the people here whose motivations are totally self-serving, empire building, and adversarial. Perhaps I just havn't been here long enough, but I can't imagine taking such a negative approach to my daily job.

Still, the experience has been fun. The opportunity to explore a new organization entertaining and one cannot help but learn stuff in such an environment.

Researchinator signing off - changing gears - starting a new chapter.

No comments: