Friday, November 21, 2008

Job Creation Standing By

Friday leading into a cold weekend, but thankfully the snow remains at bay for now. I hope we can carry this on into December, and maybe even get a thaw in the interim.

I received my final paperwork from the oceanographic research behemoth, and so should swing by the employment office to register for the dole. The money isn't a really important factor currently, but given that I paid into it for a decades, it's good to get something out of it occasionally, at least until I can get something else off the ground.

You'd think that a government concerned with creating jobs would help small firms get started - I mean my intention is to create 15-20 full time, permanent jobs with this thing, and no doubt generate a lot of taxes. But nope - there's no path to help out on that front.

Meanwhile I've got a writeup on my intellectual property front in for scrutiny, and hopefully it will get some support to get filed. That could form the foundation of moving everything forward, or be some means to get a little revenue from my explorations in the past, or it could go nowhere and demoralize me so that I don't much pursue this thing any longer.

Researchinator says such are the challenges of the 9th week of freedom...

No comments: