Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes They Did

Well radio this morning was a bit repetitive. Last night I began to doze off just before the big acceptance speech, but I did hear the gracious concession speech, with that chilling threat about not having seen the last of the Palin chick and her biker dude husband looking husband.

The Obama speech, having heard it this morning must not have lent itself well to sound bytes, as the ones I heard are fairly lackadaisical. Predictably filled with 'yes they can's', but never the less, it's still inspiring and positive. Now comes the tough part, but hopefully they will make good use of these next few months to figure out how to pull this off. Their country is pretty well screwed financially, morally etc, and 50% of the people still have that huge deficit of being able to look at a couple of weeks worth of Sarah Palin and still think to themselves - "yup that would be a good thing for our country - that's the most capable person to fill that role." That's a huge issue for them. When you've got half of your people with that kind of a judgement impairment, you have to wonder how well they will do with other decisions.

But it's quite inspiring to see them having made a positive choice, and ready to try and move in a positive direction. Not sure what it will mean for their neighbours to the north, or for the global financial markets, but I guess I'll find out about the latter at least in the next couple of minutes.

Meanwhile, I've got work to do for my own project. Yes I can!

No comments: