Monday, March 2, 2009

Launching the Month isn't always Predictable

A new month, but so initially a bit hamstrung. The morning wasn't very productive, as the network was out at the office. Typical big-co service provider who can't keep their customers connected. Cable service seems to be worse than DSL in terms of the rigamarole around getting service.

Anyway, worked on documentation - not content so much as getting it online. More microsoft hassle has driven me to skip the word processor world and go for totally online documentation. If I'm going to invest the time in changing, I may as well go all the way and have my docs cross linked up the wazoo, making them more helpful than ever. I'm tempted to say that the editability suffers, but really, any tool seems to have it's effort associated with maintenance, so it's just different.

At the home office all afternoon. First for lunch then staying here to avoid any network issues, and realizing I should just have planned to be here as there were two visitors expected. A delivery and a pickup. Both happened and I'm happy to have taken care of those things.

So doing a bit of cleanup of other chores and wrapping up the day, ready for tomorrow. So in retrospect, it wasn't a wasted day. Different than expected, but not unproductive.

Researchinator finds satisfaction in some small things sometimes...

No comments: