Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Revisions? What Revisions?

This time change morning fatigue just seems to hang on. You'd think I'd never been through one of these before, but I've got more than a few on my belt. I suppose in the teenage years, getting up earlier was the hardest.

Well, sitting down to get some work done, and as usual there's a whole menu of stuff in front of me. I have my patent summary in front of me awaiting a good read, and I should charge my phone in case the call comes to review some little detail of the thing.

Meanwhile, I'm also looking into revision control again. I had been leaning toward subversion, but when it didn't play well with my NAS server, I gave up on it. Lately it seems that both Mercurial and Git are attractive options. I'm partial to the Python world, of course, so the Mercurial path appears interesting. The discussion at the Mozilla site is a bit scary, but it sounds like still a positive regard for the thing.

So I'll read a bit more about the options and make some decisions. Revision management alone is an attractive element, and of course tying that in with backup sounds good too.

Researchinator gets all CVS on your ass...

No comments: